CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Decals on Canvas : A Mother's Day Special

My mother-in-law collects roosters for her kitchen.  Since I have been married to my husband, he has so kindly given me the task of finding "the perfect" rooster piece for her collection for each holiday that passes.  Luckily for me, I have an awesome mother-in-law that I love, so the task is more of a joy.

This Mother's Day, my husband had the brilliant idea that we should make her something.  I always ask him if he is speaking French when he says, "we" because I know he really means me. 

I have a very supportive husband... but when he suggested I make something for her, it was a major compliment to me. See... he is a momma's boy at heart, and only will give the best to his mother.  So with a smile on my face... I began to craft.

I started with a 10" x 10" blank canvas & painted it lime tree.


Next I cut a rooster decal in orange to give it a nice contrast.  I used a piece of transfer tape to line up the decal in the center.


When I removed the decal, a little bit of the paint came off.  This is why you should paint either the day before or at least a few hours before... not 30 minutes earlier like I did.  However... since i was going for the country farm look, it ended up working in my favor.


Lastly, I applied the decal i made that said, "Nana's Kitchen" and added a picture hook to the back of the canvas frame. 



**Ta-Da**

I do not yet offer these decals in my store, however if you would like them or any other custom made decals for your own decor project, email me: designedbylauren@yahoo.com and I will be happy to help you!




Making

The Girl Creative

14 comments:

Kerri

I found you through the link party on Thrifty Decor Chick! Super cute wall picture you made! Can you make decals with a Cricut Machine?
Also LOVE your banner and name...I too love paisley's and polka dots!

Ann @ makethebestofthings

Very nice, very well made. Love the colors!

Katie

It looks so professional!

Crystal

love this! found you through the made for you monday link party and think this is simply fabulous! totally gonna have to make some for my mom and mom in law! hugs!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle

Flat-out Fabulous!!! Love the colors :D

Julie

First off, LOVE the mother's day project!

Hi Lauren, it’s Julie from It’s Sew Stinkin’ Cute and I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award. Please view my site to view the details of the award and pass it along to your newest finds and favorite blogs. Congrats!!!

Decor To Adore

What a fantastic project! A truly neat metamorphosis.

It took 23 years to complete my most recent project. Come take a peek.

Kaysi

super cute!! I love it!

Nishant

Really It looks so professional!
post free classifieds

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style

I love roosters, too and that is great looking.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating

I think I could make something like this for our camper. Great idea! Saw your post on the Power of Paint!

Amber

I'm just really getting into the other ways I can use my Cricut besides scrapbooking and card making. Thanks for the idea.

PS found you on My Backyard Eden

http://www.lifelovegreen.com/2010/05/holy-names-wall-hanging/

Angie Holden

That is so very cute!!

Unknown

This is darling!!